Agile Scrum is the most popular hybrid of AGILE it provides a framework that allows teams to address complex adaptive problems, while efficiently and creatively delivering products, services, or results of the highest possible value to their internal and external customers.
The Scrum framework improves project performance in three ways:
- Emphasis on communication between the team and stakeholders
- Timely feedback from stakeholders
- Safe and courageous environment within the team
In an Agile Scrum environment, the team constantly communicate with their customers and fellow team members. The team keeps their design simple and clean. They get feedback by Scrum reviews at the end of each timeboxed scrum. They deliver the product, service, or result to the customers as early as possible, by focusing on high-value functionality in early scrums and implementing changes as suggested.
This emphasis on incremental delivery of high-value functionality creates an environment where small successes deepen customer and team respect for the unique contributions of all team members.
Agile Scrum provides a simple framework for effective team collaboration on projects where there exists a great deal of uncertainty due to:
- Customer’s not really being sure of requirements
- The team possessing the necessary skill set, but the product, service or result has never been attempted by the team and the final product, service or result will need to be progressively elaborated
- Tenuous funding, and as such there needs to be a focus on a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or a Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF) This course integrates LEAN principles, where applicable, with Agile Scrum. Lean is a business methodology, initially used to improve throughput in manufacturing, that is used in Adaptive Project Life Cycles to achieve more predictable delivery, greater efficiency, and a customer-centric mindset
Applying Lean principles to project management facilitates empowerment project team members to better clarity and deliver projects with an emphasis on delivering value to internal and external customers.
This course describes provides a basic understanding of Agile Scrum principles and tools and techniques used in implementing Agile Scrum in a coordinated fashion to ensure successful project outcomes.