The IT Fundamentals course leading to a CompTIA certification is ideal for you if you’re considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT, like in a sales role at an IT company. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+. But if you are new to IT or need to have a broad working knowledge of the IT Industry, this IT Fundamentals Course is a perfect choice.
More IT professionals are getting certified than ever before because IT certifications:
- Validate your knowledge and skills
- Help you remain competitive and employable
- Give you job proficiency more quickly
- Show dedication to your career
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam helps you learn more about the world of information technology. It focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components.
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations.
- Establishing network connectivity.
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks.
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers.
For those of you that already have a broad knowledge of IT fundamentals, take the next step with a CompTIA A+ certification course. Keep growing in your career!